Monday, February 20, 2012

Think Spring. . .

Well, this is about as 'pastel' as I get. Here are three lovely full-sized antique quilts from my collection. The ladder idea came from a Better Homes and Gardens book titled: 'Garden Style Projects'.

Not many people have ladders on the interior walls of their homes, but I liked the idea for hanging quilts. I pulled this ladder out of our yard where it had previously been hanging on the fence displaying bird houses. The paint has aged and peeled just right.

My dear hubby was so gracious when I asked him to attach it to the upper wall of our entry (that's why the funny angle of  the photo). It was a little difficult to get the whole thing in the shot. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. love your idea of hanging the quilts on an old ladder... looks wonderful. by the way HI...

    ReplyDelete