Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What A Surprise!

Apparently, my 'Summer Solstice' quilt and pattern
are appearing in a new Martingale publication!
Although this quilt is constructed using a basic String block method, Prairie Points with buttons and machine applique have been added.
I chose a darker navy fabric for the sashing and border, to quench the overuse of black as a background color in quilts.
(This quilt and it's instructions have been previously published in the September/October 2010 issue of 'Quiltmaker' magazine.) It is also available for purchase from my website.

Imagine my surprise, when I sat down to my computer yesterday and found the image of my work pinned on 'Pinterest'!
As I moved my mouse over the quilt, I was redirected to the Martingale website, viewing a copy of a new book:   Easy Quilts For Beginners and Beyond

Martingale - Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond (Print version + eBook bundle)
Here is a link to the page of their website:  http://www.shopmartingale.com/easy-quilts-for-beginners-and-beyond.html
I'm very excited to have my work featured along with many other wonderful design artists.
 Many thanks to Quiltmaker magazine and Martingale Publishing!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane -- I just discovered your blog after you commented on mine. (Thank you!) I love the vibrant colors in your quilt, and what a treat to have it published again.

    ReplyDelete