Thursday, March 29, 2012

Enjoying the final days

After a lot of clipping, fusing, handwork, and beading I've finally completed Judy's Fabric Challenge !

For those of you who haven't yet begun, I hope this doesn't send you into a panic.
I wasn't going to reveal anything this early, but excitement got the best of me.
Sunday was actually the last day I altered the surface of this quilt. It has been hanging in my studio for 'reflection', ever since.
I do have a few reasons for getting to this, and completing it early.
At the end of this week, I am expecting company. Also, there is a local Art Challenge that I have decided to participate in. The deadlines for both Challenges were the same - May 1. So in the interest of time, knowing that I would surely loose a few weeks in April, I jumped right in.

I tried to take a good picture of my work with my point-and-shoot camera, but wasn't successful. I am going to have to enlist my husband's help for a better photo.

I'm not sure when I will share some of my thoughts, or processes. I do not want to influence anyone.
It was so much fun to participate in Karen Musgrave's newest fabric challenge!

You can read all the details about Judy's Fabric Challenge on Karen's blog:  http://connectionsbykaren.blogspot.com
She will host a final reveal of all the participant's work, May 1st - so don't forget to check back with her.

Thank you Karen, for providing this opportunity for me to challenge myself.
After all, we all know it's all about the personal growth.
 


1 comment: