Monday, March 19, 2012

Moving Forward

Last week, I started in on the 'Challenge' quilt.
The first thing I did, to get the creative juices flowing, was to choose a few other fabrics in colors that could be seen in the focus fabric print.

To get started, I began cutting strips from each of the secondary fabrics using a pair of scissors.


I remembered, that I had read rule number Five, in Karen Musgrave's instructions for this quilt, that 
"You will need to share how you stretched yourself and moved out of your comfort zone."
 
So, I just started sewing all the strips together. One on top of the other.

 And, when I was done with that. I cut each of them apart at 1 1/2" intervals.

The next step, was to begin sewing these together.

1 comment:

  1. I hope having me in your head isn't making you crazy! Remember to have fun. Great start! Can't wait to see what happens next. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete